Want to settle your federal student loans for less than you owe? This video goes over the basics of what you need to know to get a good settlement offer.
First, you can settle federal student loans — if you’re in default.
There’s no way around this requirement.
So if you’re wanting to settle, your credit score will take a hit.
Second, federal student loan settlements aren’t for pennies on the dollar.
Typically, the best settlement offer will be for 85% of the loan balance less collection fess.
Third, you have to pay the settlement amount quick. The normal federal student loan settlement must be paid within 30 to 90 days.
Finally, once you reach the settlement, you’ll typically make the payment to the Department of Education — not to the collection agency.
Check the settlement letter to be sure who you’re supposed to mail the letter too.
? Work with me: http://tateesq.com/free-talk
How to Settle Your Federal Student Loans ► https://tateesq.com/student-loan-settlement/federal
Guide to Complete Federal Student Loan Settlements ► https://tateesq.com/student-loan-settlement/
- PSLF Waiver Webinar | Public Service Loan Forgiveness Limited Waiver OpportunityThe PSLF waiver is a temporary government program intended to help more public servants get their student loans forgiven faster. It expires October 31, 2022, so there is urgency to apply as fast as possible if you could qualify. This recording was from an August 11, 2022 webinar for borrowers […]
- Current Review | Mobile Banking With Premium FeaturesCurrent is a banking app that offers a ton of different services that make your financial life easier – and it even pays interest! Check out Current here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/currentchecking/ytbrrmUC6Vd-0 Read our full review here: https://theci.co/current-review Chapters: 0:00 […]
- 55th Annual Commencement | De Anza College#deanzacollege #deanzagrad2022 DE ANZA COLLEGE • Always at or near the top statewide in community college transfers to the University of California, California State University, and private universities • A top transfer college to UC Berkeley, as well as to UC Davis and UC San Diego • Regularly […]
- Graduate Leadership at GordonBe equipped for success as a leader in a Christian school. Whether you’re looking to step into a leadership role or excel in your current position, Gordon College’s Master of Arts in Leadership and Education Specialist in Leadership degrees offer advanced training from a Christian liberal arts […]
- Arrival and Orientation at Bennington CollegeArrival and Orientation at Bennington College Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #vermont #arrival #orientation #fall Source: Bennington College […]
- (Ep. 194) The 5 MAJOR Costs of Bad Student Loan Policy & How to Overcome ThemStudent loan policy is totally broken in the United States and it doesn’t take a PhD to figure out why… There are many costs of our complex student loan system, but will it ever get reformed? We think YES! Join me in this episode as I break down the five major costs of bad student loan policy […]
- Students Enjoy Working With Cool Tools at Auto Collision Repair ShopPortland Community College’s Auto Collision Repair Program is one of the largest programs on the West Coast. Class projects are aligned with the most current industry practices. Graduate Kevan Banngertir can attest to the skills he learned and the cool toys he gets to use. Learn more: […]
- BLINN College – Regular Board Meeting – August 16, 2022 – AdjournmentSource: Blinn College […]
- BLINN College – Regular Board Meeting – August 16, 2022Source: Blinn College […]
- UChicago Holistic AdmissionsUChicago practices holistic admissions. But what does that mean? Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- CCC BOG Strategy Session pt1
- CCC BOG Strategy Session pt2
- Vocational Nursing Pinning Ceremony – Class of August 2022The Blinn College District is proud to officially welcome the Vocational Nursing Class of 2022 into the nursing profession. Congratulations, graduates! For more information on Blinn’s nursing program, visit https://www.blinn.edu/vocational-nursing/index.html Source: Blinn College […]
- Blinn College opens the largest residence hall in college historyThe Blinn College District and the Brenham community celebrated the grand opening of a new Brenham Campus residence hall with rooms for more than 500 students. The ceremony commemorating the opening of Prairie Lea Hall included remarks from Chancellor Mary Hensley, Board of Trustees Chair Jim […]
- Parent PLUS Double Consolidation Loophole | Pay 10% to 15% of Your Income Instead of 20%Borrowers who have Parent PLUS Loans deal with somewhat of a different beast than when a student borrows federal student loans. Parent PLUS Loans stay in the name of the parent who pulled them out if kept in the federal system. They generally have much higher interest rates than Direct Loans and […]
- How To Save For College – The Best Order Of Operations For ParentsThere are a lot of options for parents to save for college. Where do you start? We break it down here in our video: How To Save For College. Read the full article: https://theci.co/save-for-college Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to How to Save for College 0:47 – Step 1: You 2:10 – Step 2: […]
- NCSA College Recruiting Joins IMG AcademyNCSA is the largest college athletic recruiting platform, with over 35,000 college coaches using NCSA to find athletes across 37 sports. For over 20 years, NCSA College Recruiting has offered recruiting advice and college coach connections to high school student-athletes around the world. As we […]
- Picture This: the sound of Harper LibraryHarper Library is always magical, but what if it were musical? Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 193) The Difference Between Financial Planners, Financial Coaches, and Sales RepresentativesStudent Loan Planner’s very own Meagan Landress, CSLP®, and Sim Terwilliger, CFP®, CSLP®, sit down to discuss the differences between financial planners, financial coaches, and sales representatives. This is an important conversation that will give you more confidence and clarity when it comes to […]
- Prairie Lea Hall Grand Opening – LIVESTREAMThe Blinn College District is happy to celebrate the grand opening of Prairie Lea Hall. Located on the Brenham Campus just across from the new STEI Building, this 505-bed facility offers all the latest amenities and spacious rooms. Additionally, the study rooms and community spaces on each floor […]
- What a Student Loan Consultation From Student Loan Planner EntailsStudent Loan Planner is here to help you understand the loan debt that you have and how we can help you pay that back faster, putting more money back into your pocket. The one-time consultation fee is peanuts compared the amount of money that I can save you over the course of your loan debt. Book […]
- Support PCC’s Healthcare & Emergency Professions students on Big Give DaySupport PCC’s Healthcare & Emergency Professions pathway on Big Give Day! Help students further their careers in healthcare and emergency services fields. Our highly trained graduates fill important roles in our communities. • Give online at https://www.pcc.edu/foundation/ways-to-give/donate/ […]
- Award Winning PTK 2022The Beta Zeta Mu Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at Western Iowa Tech Community College (WITCC) received the Most Distinguished Chapter Award at the 2022 international PTK Convention. Beta Zeta Mu received the award out of 1,300 participating chapters worldwide. […]
- 2022 Presidential Awards DinnerLearn more at https://give.clackamas.edu/ The inaugural Presidential Awards Dinner was a gathering of Clackamas Community College’s most valued partners. The event is a celebration of community, honoring individuals and their support of higher education in 2020 and 2021. From COVID-19 to wildfires, […]
- The Ultimate Guide To Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)Public Service Loan Forgiveness is one of the best programs to get your student loans forgiven. But there have been a lot of changes over the past several years. Here’s what to know! Read the full article and learn how to file the correct paperwork here: https://theci.co/pslf-guide Chapters […]
- UChicago Traditions – $1 MilkshakesSource: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 192) Shocking Numbers about the PSLF Waiver & the IDR Waiver, Plus Special SLP Community GuestAn earth-shattering report about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program came out a few weeks ago by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). I’m diving in and breaking it down, so you can see just how powerful the PSLF Waiver and IDR Waiver could be if more people knew about it. […]
- Dealer Service Tech Students Love Their New Digs!PCC recently finished construction on its brand new Dealer Service Technology Program and the spacious facility has people talking. Students work at a participating regional Caterpillar dealership while training and building their skills at PCC. Learn more: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/think-big/ […]
- Summer GetawayRegister for our final Summer Getaway at Gordon College! Source: Gordon College […]
- (Ep 191) Every Loan Has a Story: Private Student Loans and How They Work w/ Ascent CEO Ken RuggieroKen Ruggiero, CEO and Co-founder of Ascent, joins me and we look at his unique journey to founding Ascent, a fintech company that applies a holistic lens to the student loan industry. It’s the kind of discussion that’s full of diverse insight into governmental policy, first-hand knowledge of the […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | July 2022
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | July 2022The California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- De Anza College Fall Quarter 2022 | De Anza CollegeEnroll now and make the most of your fall! Classes will be held online and on campus in fall quarter 2022 at De Anza College, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer – and more! deanza.edu/apply-and-register De Anza College is always • Tops in Transfer: Always at or near the top statewide in […]
- What is Interest Capitalization on Student Loans? | Student Loan UpdateCompound interest is the idea that your interest earns interest. When an investment or loan generates some type of return or interest, that amount is added to your principal. The new total begins earning interest, compounding the effect as the new amount is once again added to the principal […]
- WWWOT: “Providing Feedback to Students” w/ Austina FongAs part of the "What Works Well in Online Teaching" (WWWOT) series, Paul Montone and Sherie Guess talk with Austina Fong about providing feedback to students in online courses. The conversation focuses on the ideas, strategies, and tools that Austina uses. Austina Fong is on the faculty […]
- Harper Library Papercraft!Build your own: https://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu/files/documents/harper-half-pint_0.pdf Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 190) Busting Common PSLF Waiver Misconceptions, New Updates on Interest Capitalization & morePretty much everything regarding student loan debt is in flux right now, so it’s a perfect time to get the facts straight and bust some misconceptions. Hopefully, this will ease your mind a bit and empower you to get the assistance you need to go after the debt relief you deserve. Join me in this […]
- Dance at BenningtonLearn more at https://www.bennington.edu/ Source: Bennington College […]
- PSLF Waiver Case Study: To Consolidate or Not?One of the highlights of the #PSLFwaiver is that borrowers with previously ineligible types of loans, most notably Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans, now qualify as long as payments were made while employed at a 501(c)(3) or government employer. However, borrowers must consolidate […]
- Choose Your Combo! | De Anza College#deanzacollege #shorts Source: De Anza College […]
- Dr. Maurice L. Hall – Bennington College Commencement 2022Speech highlights: Provost Dr. Maurice L. Hall addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/oflKJYH87ds?t=2482 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement […]
- Elena Demyanenko – Bennington College Commencement Eve 2022Speech highlights: Faculty member in Dance Elena Demyanenko addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Eve, May 27th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/vG-R2Yaz-4s?t=2887 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college […]
- Jericho Brown – Bennington College Commencement 2022Pulitzer Prize winning poet and writer Jericho Brown addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement #graduation #vermont Source: Bennington College […]
- Laura Walker – Bennington College Commencement 2022Speech highlights: President Laura Walker addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/oflKJYH87ds?t=2243 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement […]
- When Student Loan Interest Rates Increase. #shortsSource: The College Investor […]
- GO2bank Review 2022: Awesome Mobile BankingGO2bank is Green Dot’s mobile banking app – and it has a lot of great features. Check out GO2bank here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/go2bank/ytrbF-KR2T29A Read out full GO2bank review here: https://theci.co/go2bank-review-2022 Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to Go2Bank Review 0:55 […]
- Phil Phoenix on the Wings of Love! #shorts #drone #uchicago #uchicagoadmissionsPhil Phoenix keeping watch over the UChicago campus. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Digital Spark 2022Source: Ursinus College […]
- The Barn: Southeast Wing ReopeningOn May 26, 2022, Bennington College celebrated the opening of the rebuilt Barn wing and the Andrew H. Schwartz PhD Parlor. We could not have done it without our generous donors rising to the challenge. Thank you for making this project possible by believing in Bennington, and in the Barn as our […]
- (Ep. 189) Biden’s Student Loan Changes & What They Mean for Your Student Loan DebtThe Biden Administration recently came out with a variety of sweeping proposals which are going to impact your student loans in a BIG way. These changes aren’t slated to go into effect until July 2023, but they might start even earlier than that. Join me as I break down the new changes to student […]
- Alexander Gallery | Exhibition “Braided River: Lower Willamette Speaks” panel discussionTo learn more about CCC Art, and the Alexander Gallery, visit https://www.clackamas.edu/campus-life. The Alexander Gallery is pleased to present the "Braided River: Lower Willamette Speaks" panel discussion. The exhibition is an environmentally conscious exhibition created by The Braided […]
- 2022 Walk-Thru GraduationDiscover more about CCC by visiting www.clackamas.edu On June 10, CCC held a walk-thru graduation ceremony at the Oregon City campus for the graduating class of 2022. The ceremony was open to all 2021-22 GED, Adult High School, and degree and certificate completers and applicants for graduation, as […]
- How to Complete the PSLF Employment Certification FormIf you work in the public sector and are working toward Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), the main action to stay the course is submitting the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification Form. In this video, we’ll cover what the PSLF Employment Certification Form is along with […]
- PCC Bolsters Its Maritime Welding CertificationsThrough collaboration with industry, Portland Community College welding faculty have created improved educational offerings – two new Career Pathway Certificates that tie into what business wants. The three-class, 12-credit certificates – maritime welding and maritime ship fitting – allow students […]
- 6 Best Teen Checking Accounts In July 2022Thinking about getting a checking account or bank account for your teenager? Here are the best options right now: https://theci.co/best-teen-checking-july-2022 Quick Pick: Copper https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/copper/ytX4C6u0AdLIs Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to Teen Checking Accounts 1:19 […]
- How To Buy And Invest In Ethereum In 2022Curious about investing in Ethereum right now? Check out our full guide here: https://theci.co/invest-in-ethereum 0:00 – Ethereum disrupting currency 1:01 – What is Ethereum 3:07 – Difference between Ethereum and bitcoin 3:57 – How do you buy Ethereum 5:06 – How do you […]
- 10 Best Free Checking Accounts For July 2022Here are the best free checking accounts in July 2022: https://theci.co/free-checking-july-2022 Top Picks: Best Overall: Discover Cashback Debit https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/discoverchecking/yty7sfdUu6i2Y Runner Up: Chime https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/ChimeBank/yty7sfdUu6i2Y Best For High […]
- College Ave Student Loans | All Along the Way (2022 Commercial)From the day you’re accepted to college, to the day your education is finally paid off, College Ave Student Loans is here to help… all the along the way. For more information about private student loans and student loan refinancing, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/ Source: […]
- Mark Van Heuvel on Student Engagement in Online TeachingAs part of the "What Works Well in Online Teaching" series, Paul Montone (Digital Learning Facilitator & Writing instructor at PCC) talks with Mark Van Heuvel (instructor in the Management and Supervisory Development program at PCC) about how to engage students in online courses. The […]
- Welcome to RELLISThe Blinn College District is proud to partner with The Texas A&M University System as a member of the RELLIS Academic Alliance. The Academic Alliance allows students to complete their freshman- and sophomore-level courses through Blinn at the Walter C. Schwartz Building and seamlessly complete […]