We’ll talk through some resolutions for recruits to consider as they start the new year with the hope of being recruited to a college team.
1:23 What are your recruiting resolution?
2:03 Start your recruiting, have an online presence
2:23 Winter Recruiting Checklist Here
3:41 Upperclassmen action steps
4:22 Advice for the class of 2021
4:49 Advice for the class of 2022
5:34 What is the best way to get film?
8:16 Be proactive and reach out to coaches
8:43 Build your target list of schools
11:26 How do you get exposure in the wake of COVID?
13:00 Any advice for a swimmer who hasn’t had a season for almost a year?
14:54 When is the ideal year to start the recruiting process?
16:42 If I have D1 interest and recruiting is slowed down should I move forward with D2 and D3 schools or should I wait for the spring for things to open up?
19:50 Any advice for recruits since most D1 schools now will have funds tied up in players granted an extra year of eligibility?
22:16 If a college coach “follows” you, what type of follow up should I have with a coach?
23:46 How long should my highlight video be?
24:29 Do all colleges have questionnaires to fill out?
25:38 Is it important for a student-athlete to have community service on their application to a college?
26:26 Do D1 coach only give offers in-person for juniors or can it be done over the phone?
28:00 Ring the Bell #NCSA Commit
Manage your online presence – https://www.ncsasports.org/join-ncsa-network
Create a skills video – https://www.ncsasports.org/coronavirus-sports#skills-video-tips
Get downloadable checklists for each grade level here: https://www.ncsasports.org/recruiting/managing-recruiting-process/winter-recruiting-checklist
FOLLOW NCSA (Next College Student Athlete):
YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/NCSAsport or NCSAsport
Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/NCSAsports
Twitter at https://www.twitter.com/ncsa or @ncsa
Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/ncsa_sports/ or #ncsa
Snapchat at https://www.snapchat.com/add/ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
TikTok at https://www.tiktok.com/@ncsa_sports or ncsa_sports
NCSA is the largest and most successful college athletic recruiting network. With a network of over 35,000 college coaches, NCSA assists student-athletes in 34 sports to find their best path to college.
- Blinn College opens the largest residence hall in college historyThe Blinn College District and the Brenham community celebrated the grand opening of a new Brenham Campus residence hall with rooms for more than 500 students. The ceremony commemorating the opening of Prairie Lea Hall included remarks from Chancellor Mary Hensley, Board of Trustees Chair Jim […]
- Parent PLUS Double Consolidation Loophole | Pay 10% to 15% of Your Income Instead of 20%Borrowers who have Parent PLUS Loans deal with somewhat of a different beast than when a student borrows federal student loans. Parent PLUS Loans stay in the name of the parent who pulled them out if kept in the federal system. They generally have much higher interest rates than Direct Loans and […]
- How To Save For College – The Best Order Of Operations For ParentsThere are a lot of options for parents to save for college. Where do you start? We break it down here in our video: How To Save For College. Read the full article: https://theci.co/save-for-college Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to How to Save for College 0:47 – Step 1: You 2:10 – Step 2: […]
- NCSA College Recruiting Joins IMG AcademyNCSA is the largest college athletic recruiting platform, with over 35,000 college coaches using NCSA to find athletes across 37 sports. For over 20 years, NCSA College Recruiting has offered recruiting advice and college coach connections to high school student-athletes around the world. As we […]
- Picture This: the sound of Harper LibraryHarper Library is always magical, but what if it were musical? Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 193) The Difference Between Financial Planners, Financial Coaches, and Sales RepresentativesStudent Loan Planner’s very own Meagan Landress, CSLP®, and Sim Terwilliger, CFP®, CSLP®, sit down to discuss the differences between financial planners, financial coaches, and sales representatives. This is an important conversation that will give you more confidence and clarity when it comes to […]
- Prairie Lea Hall Grand Opening – LIVESTREAMThe Blinn College District is happy to celebrate the grand opening of Prairie Lea Hall. Located on the Brenham Campus just across from the new STEI Building, this 505-bed facility offers all the latest amenities and spacious rooms. Additionally, the study rooms and community spaces on each floor […]
- What a Student Loan Consultation From Student Loan Planner EntailsStudent Loan Planner is here to help you understand the loan debt that you have and how we can help you pay that back faster, putting more money back into your pocket. The one-time consultation fee is peanuts compared the amount of money that I can save you over the course of your loan debt. Book […]
- Support PCC’s Healthcare & Emergency Professions students on Big Give DaySupport PCC’s Healthcare & Emergency Professions pathway on Big Give Day! Help students further their careers in healthcare and emergency services fields. Our highly trained graduates fill important roles in our communities. • Give online at https://www.pcc.edu/foundation/ways-to-give/donate/ […]
- Award Winning PTK 2022The Beta Zeta Mu Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society at Western Iowa Tech Community College (WITCC) received the Most Distinguished Chapter Award at the 2022 international PTK Convention. Beta Zeta Mu received the award out of 1,300 participating chapters worldwide. […]
- 2022 Presidential Awards DinnerLearn more at https://give.clackamas.edu/ The inaugural Presidential Awards Dinner was a gathering of Clackamas Community College’s most valued partners. The event is a celebration of community, honoring individuals and their support of higher education in 2020 and 2021. From COVID-19 to wildfires, […]
- The Ultimate Guide To Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF)Public Service Loan Forgiveness is one of the best programs to get your student loans forgiven. But there have been a lot of changes over the past several years. Here’s what to know! Read the full article and learn how to file the correct paperwork here: https://theci.co/pslf-guide Chapters […]
- UChicago Traditions – $1 MilkshakesSource: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 192) Shocking Numbers about the PSLF Waiver & the IDR Waiver, Plus Special SLP Community GuestAn earth-shattering report about the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program came out a few weeks ago by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER). I’m diving in and breaking it down, so you can see just how powerful the PSLF Waiver and IDR Waiver could be if more people knew about it. […]
- Dealer Service Tech Students Love Their New Digs!PCC recently finished construction on its brand new Dealer Service Technology Program and the spacious facility has people talking. Students work at a participating regional Caterpillar dealership while training and building their skills at PCC. Learn more: https://www.pcc.edu/programs/think-big/ […]
- Summer GetawayRegister for our final Summer Getaway at Gordon College! Source: Gordon College […]
- (Ep 191) Every Loan Has a Story: Private Student Loans and How They Work w/ Ascent CEO Ken RuggieroKen Ruggiero, CEO and Co-founder of Ascent, joins me and we look at his unique journey to founding Ascent, a fintech company that applies a holistic lens to the student loan industry. It’s the kind of discussion that’s full of diverse insight into governmental policy, first-hand knowledge of the […]
- Calbright College Board of Trustees Meeting | July 2022Source: California Community Colleges […]
- CCC Board Of Governors Meeting | July 2022The California Community Colleges Board of Governors sets policy and provides guidance for the 116 colleges that constitute the system. The 17-member board is appointed by the governor and formally interacts with state and federal officials and other organizations. The board selects a chancellor […]
- De Anza College Fall Quarter 2022 | De Anza CollegeEnroll now and make the most of your fall! Classes will be held online and on campus in fall quarter 2022 at De Anza College, the college that’s always Tops in Transfer – and more! deanza.edu/apply-and-register De Anza College is always • Tops in Transfer: Always at or near the top statewide in […]
- What is Interest Capitalization on Student Loans? | Student Loan UpdateCompound interest is the idea that your interest earns interest. When an investment or loan generates some type of return or interest, that amount is added to your principal. The new total begins earning interest, compounding the effect as the new amount is once again added to the principal […]
- WWWOT: “Providing Feedback to Students” w/ Austina FongAs part of the "What Works Well in Online Teaching" (WWWOT) series, Paul Montone and Sherie Guess talk with Austina Fong about providing feedback to students in online courses. The conversation focuses on the ideas, strategies, and tools that Austina uses. Austina Fong is on the faculty […]
- Harper Library Papercraft!Build your own: https://collegeadmissions.uchicago.edu/files/documents/harper-half-pint_0.pdf Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- (Ep. 190) Busting Common PSLF Waiver Misconceptions, New Updates on Interest Capitalization & morePretty much everything regarding student loan debt is in flux right now, so it’s a perfect time to get the facts straight and bust some misconceptions. Hopefully, this will ease your mind a bit and empower you to get the assistance you need to go after the debt relief you deserve. Join me in this […]
- Dance at BenningtonLearn more at https://www.bennington.edu/ Source: Bennington College […]
- PSLF Waiver Case Study: To Consolidate or Not?One of the highlights of the #PSLFwaiver is that borrowers with previously ineligible types of loans, most notably Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) loans, now qualify as long as payments were made while employed at a 501(c)(3) or government employer. However, borrowers must consolidate […]
- Choose Your Combo! | De Anza College#deanzacollege #shorts Source: De Anza College […]
- Dr. Maurice L. Hall – Bennington College Commencement 2022Speech highlights: Provost Dr. Maurice L. Hall addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/oflKJYH87ds?t=2482 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement […]
- Elena Demyanenko – Bennington College Commencement Eve 2022Speech highlights: Faculty member in Dance Elena Demyanenko addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Eve, May 27th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/vG-R2Yaz-4s?t=2887 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college […]
- Jericho Brown – Bennington College Commencement 2022Pulitzer Prize winning poet and writer Jericho Brown addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement #graduation #vermont Source: Bennington College […]
- Laura Walker – Bennington College Commencement 2022Speech highlights: President Laura Walker addresses Bennington College’s Class of 2022 / Commencement Day, May 28th, 2022. For the full speech, please visit: https://youtu.be/oflKJYH87ds?t=2243 Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #commencement […]
- When Student Loan Interest Rates Increase. #shortsSource: The College Investor […]
- GO2bank Review 2022: Awesome Mobile BankingGO2bank is Green Dot’s mobile banking app – and it has a lot of great features. Check out GO2bank here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/go2bank/ytrbF-KR2T29A Read out full GO2bank review here: https://theci.co/go2bank-review-2022 Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to Go2Bank Review 0:55 […]
- Phil Phoenix on the Wings of Love! #shorts #drone #uchicago #uchicagoadmissionsPhil Phoenix keeping watch over the UChicago campus. Source: UChicago College Admissions […]
- Digital Spark 2022Source: Ursinus College […]
- The Barn: Southeast Wing ReopeningOn May 26, 2022, Bennington College celebrated the opening of the rebuilt Barn wing and the Andrew H. Schwartz PhD Parlor. We could not have done it without our generous donors rising to the challenge. Thank you for making this project possible by believing in Bennington, and in the Barn as our […]
- (Ep. 189) Biden’s Student Loan Changes & What They Mean for Your Student Loan DebtThe Biden Administration recently came out with a variety of sweeping proposals which are going to impact your student loans in a BIG way. These changes aren’t slated to go into effect until July 2023, but they might start even earlier than that. Join me as I break down the new changes to student […]
- Alexander Gallery | Exhibition “Braided River: Lower Willamette Speaks” panel discussionTo learn more about CCC Art, and the Alexander Gallery, visit https://www.clackamas.edu/campus-life. The Alexander Gallery is pleased to present the "Braided River: Lower Willamette Speaks" panel discussion. The exhibition is an environmentally conscious exhibition created by The Braided […]
- 2022 Walk-Thru GraduationDiscover more about CCC by visiting www.clackamas.edu On June 10, CCC held a walk-thru graduation ceremony at the Oregon City campus for the graduating class of 2022. The ceremony was open to all 2021-22 GED, Adult High School, and degree and certificate completers and applicants for graduation, as […]
- How to Complete the PSLF Employment Certification FormIf you work in the public sector and are working toward Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF), the main action to stay the course is submitting the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Employment Certification Form. In this video, we’ll cover what the PSLF Employment Certification Form is along with […]
- PCC Bolsters Its Maritime Welding CertificationsThrough collaboration with industry, Portland Community College welding faculty have created improved educational offerings – two new Career Pathway Certificates that tie into what business wants. The three-class, 12-credit certificates – maritime welding and maritime ship fitting – allow students […]
- 6 Best Teen Checking Accounts In July 2022Thinking about getting a checking account or bank account for your teenager? Here are the best options right now: https://theci.co/best-teen-checking-july-2022 Quick Pick: Copper https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/copper/ytX4C6u0AdLIs Chapters: 0:00 – Intro to Teen Checking Accounts 1:19 […]
- How To Buy And Invest In Ethereum In 2022Curious about investing in Ethereum right now? Check out our full guide here: https://theci.co/invest-in-ethereum 0:00 – Ethereum disrupting currency 1:01 – What is Ethereum 3:07 – Difference between Ethereum and bitcoin 3:57 – How do you buy Ethereum 5:06 – How do you […]
- 10 Best Free Checking Accounts For July 2022Here are the best free checking accounts in July 2022: https://theci.co/free-checking-july-2022 Top Picks: Best Overall: Discover Cashback Debit https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/discoverchecking/yty7sfdUu6i2Y Runner Up: Chime https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/ChimeBank/yty7sfdUu6i2Y Best For High […]
- College Ave Student Loans | All Along the Way (2022 Commercial)From the day you’re accepted to college, to the day your education is finally paid off, College Ave Student Loans is here to help… all the along the way. For more information about private student loans and student loan refinancing, visit: https://www.collegeavestudentloans.com/ Source: […]
- Mark Van Heuvel on Student Engagement in Online TeachingAs part of the "What Works Well in Online Teaching" series, Paul Montone (Digital Learning Facilitator & Writing instructor at PCC) talks with Mark Van Heuvel (instructor in the Management and Supervisory Development program at PCC) about how to engage students in online courses. The […]
- Welcome to RELLISThe Blinn College District is proud to partner with The Texas A&M University System as a member of the RELLIS Academic Alliance. The Academic Alliance allows students to complete their freshman- and sophomore-level courses through Blinn at the Walter C. Schwartz Building and seamlessly complete […]
- (Ep. 188) Answering Your Sweet v. Cardona Questions, Waiver Updates and More!Washington may be headed into summer vacation doldrums, but for student loan borrowers now – more than ever – is a time to stay alert and informed! I’ll start with a deep dive into a proposed settlement in the Borrower Defense to Repayment lawsuit (known as Sweet v. Cordona), outlining the origins […]
- 8 Earnin Cash Advance App Alternatives For 2022Earnin is a popular cash advance app, but it’s not the only one! Here are some popular Earnin alternatives. Open an account at Earnin here: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/earnin/ytGl5hHTGXiX0 Our top pick – Empower: https://thecollegeinvestor.com/go/Empower/ytGl5hHTGXiX0 Read the […]
- Meet Doug Pierce| NISOD Excellence Award Winner“I’m blessed to be able to teach young people something that I really enjoy talking about, whether it be in the classroom or out in the pastures. If I can make my students excited about what they’re learning and curious about how to make what they’re learning better, we’re going […]
- UChicago 2022-2023 Admissions EssaysThe University of Chicago has long been renowned for our provocative essay questions. We think of them as an opportunity for students to tell us about themselves, their tastes, and their ambitions. They can be approached with utter seriousness, complete fancy, or something in between. Each year we […]
- Gordon College Baccalaureate 2022Source: Gordon College […]
- What makes Gordon’s Music Department Unique?Learn more about Gordon’s music program https://www.gordon.edu/music Source: Gordon College […]
- (Ep. 187) Answering Your Ques: IDR Waivers, Disability Insurance & Reducing Student Loan RepaymentsJoin me in this episode where I answer many of your most popular questions about Income-Driven Repayment waivers, grace periods, reducing your loan repayment amounts, disability and term life insurance, our NEW Student Loan Planner Insurance, and so much more! It’s an info-packed episode you won’t […]
- Meet Jonnathon Hicks | NISOD Excellence Award Winner“In line with the philosophy of the great Frederick Douglass, I believe that education is the key to freedom. This is particularly true in civics education as I encourage my students to engage with their institutions efficiently and effectively. These students want to change the world, and I simply […]
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Bennington CollegeDiversity, Equity and Inclusion at Bennington College Visit http://www.bennington.edu for more information! #bennington #college #vermont #diversity #equity #inclusion Source: Bennington College […]
- 4 Big Student Loan Developments in Summer 2022This summer could be shaping up to be a blockbuster period for student loan borrowers. Here are some key developments to watch for in the coming months. Read more here: https://www.studentloanplanner.com/student-loan-developments-to-watch/ Feeling helpless when it comes to your student loans? 📩 […]
- Meet Leslie Janac | NISOD Excellence Award Winner"I am not here to teach my students what to think. I am here to teach my students how to think." NISOD Excellence Award Winner, Leslie Janac, shares how she equips her students with the skills to succeed beyond her classroom. Janac has been an instructor since 1988 and joined Blinn’s […]
- LIVE: 55th Annual Commencement | De Anza College#deanzagrad2022 Date: Friday, June 24 Starting Time: 6 p.m. Location: De Anza Stadium We’re planning a traditional graduation ceremony on campus, so we can celebrate together. Arrive a little early, so you can check out the Red Carpet Graduation Photo Op in Parking Lot C near the soccer […]
- Wait! Wait! Wait! #shortsSource: The College Investor […]